- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
When Ag is exposed to air it gets a black coating of
Correct Answer: (b) Ag2S
Explanation: When Ag is exposed to air it gets a black coating because silver reacts with H2S gas present in the air to form a black coating of Ag2S. The reaction is given below:
$Ag (s) + H_2S (g) → Ag_2S (s) + H_2 (g)$
- Related Articles
- When a copper object is exposed to moist air for a long time, then a green coating is formed on its surface.(a) What is the material of the green coating?(b) State whether the green coating is acidic or basic.
- When a vessel is exposed to moist air for a long time, then a green coating is formed on its surface. The vessel must be made of:zincmagnesiumironcopper
- What happens when a copper vessel is exposed to moist air for a long time?
- Some metals lose their lustre when exposed in the air. Why?
- Explain why, the surface of some metals acquires a dull appearance when exposed to air for a long time.
- Where is the MySQL database gets saved when it is created?
- Why are clouds black in colour when it is raining?
- Why is the closing of a dandelion flower at dusk (when it gets dark), not a tropism?
- What makes a balloon get inflated when air is filled in it?
- The cut surface of a Brinjal which has been exposed to air turns brown due to?
- When a magnesium ribbon is burnt in the air, the ash formed is(a) black(b) white(c) yellow(d) pink
- Problem with scanf() when there is fgets()/gets()/scanf() after it in C
- If copper is kept open in the air, it slowly loses its shining brown surface and gains a green coating. It is due to the formation ofCuSO4CuCO3CU(NO3)2CuO
- (a) Why is an iron grill painted frequently?(b) Explain why, though aluminium is more reactive than iron, yet there is less corrosion of aluminium when both are exposed to air.
- When an electric bulb gets heated to a very large high temperature, in which color it turns to?