- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What will happen, if we did not have cartilage in our body?
Cartilage is a type of connective tissue made up of cells embedded in an extracellular matrix.
It is firm, flexible tissue present in areas of the body such as ends of the ribs, ears, and nose, between the vertebrae in the spine, etc.
It holds bones together, reduces friction at joints, supports the respiratory tract, acts as shock absorbers between weight-bearing bones to prevent bones from rubbing against each other, and maintains the shape and flexibility of the body.
If we don't have cartilage, then it wouldn't be possible to come out from the birth canal of the mother, because without cartilage our body doesn't get enough flexibility to come out. We'll experience joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation (swelling). Some body parts, like the external parts of our ears, are made almost entirely of cartilage, it means without cartilage we'll born without the ear.
- Related Articles
- If our joints will not move what will happen?
- If we don't have bones or we lose our any one bone, so what will happen?
- What happened if we have no diaphragm in our body? Why?
- What will happen if there will be no cone cells in our retina?
- What would happen if earth did not rotate or revolve?
- What will happen if we have set UNIQUE and multiple insertion with duplicate values
- What will happen if intake of iodine in our diet is low?
- What will happen if we directly call the run() method in Java?
- If we cut our vein why will we die?
- What will it happen if stomata would not be there on the leaves?
- Water is very precious for all the living beings. What will happen in future if we do not save water now?
- What will happen to the kinetic energy of a body if its mass is doubled ?
- What will happen to the kinetic energy of a body if its velocity is halved ?
- How we take oxygen in our body?