- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What type of mirror should be used:(a) as a shaving mirror?(b) as a shop security mirror?
(a) A concave mirror should be used as a shaving mirror.
To shave the beard properly and safely, we need to see an enlarged image of our face, that's why we should use a concave mirror because when the face is placed close to a concave mirror (within the focus of the mirror) it produces a virtual, erect and magnified image of the face.
(b) A convex mirror should be used as a shop security mirror.
For vigilance purposes in the shop, a convex mirror is used because it gives a wider field of view and always forms virtual, erect, and small-sized images of a large number of objects at the same time.
- Related Articles
- Which type of mirror could be used as a dentist's mirror?
- What type of mirror is used as a side mirror in a scooter? Why is this type of mirror chosen?
- Name the spherical mirror used as:(a) Shaving mirror (b) Rear view mirror in vehicles (c) Reflector in search-lights
- A perging mirror is:(a) a plane mirror (b) a convex mirror (c) a concave mirror (d) a shaving mirror
- A concave mirror cannot be used as:(a) a magnifying mirror (b) a torch reflector (c) a dentist's mirror (d) a real view mirror
- A shop security mirror 5.0 m from certain items displayed in the shop produces on-tenth magnification.(a) What is the type of mirror?(b) What is the radius of curvature of the mirror?
- Which type or mirror is usually used as a rear-view mirror in motor cars?
- Which of the following are concave mirrors and which convex mirrors?Shaving mirrors, Car headlight mirror, Searchlight mirror, Driving mirror, Dentist's inspection mirror, Touch mirror, Staircase mirror in a double-decker bus, Make-up mirror, Solar furnace mirror, Satellite TV dish, Shop security mirror.
- A shopkeeper wanted to fix a mirror which will give a maximum view of his shop. What type of mirror should he use? Give reason.
- What type of image/images are formed by:(a) a convex mirror?(b) a concave mirror?
- A ___________ mirror is used as a head mirror by the doctors to concentrate light on the body parts to be examined.
- Which of the following can make a parallel beam of light when light from a bulb falls on it?(a) concave mirror as well as concave lens (b) convex mirror as well as convex lens(c) concave mirror as well as convex lens (d) convex mirror as well as concave lens
- The shiny outer surface of a hollow sphere of aluminium of radius 50 cm is to be used as a mirror:(a) What will be the focal length of this mirror?(b) Which type of spherical mirror will it provide?(c) State whether this spherical mirror will perge or converge light rays.
- (a) Give two circumstances in which a concave mirror can form a magnified image of an object placed in front of it. Illustrate your answer by drawing labelled ray diagrams for both.(b) Which one of these circumstances enables a concave mirror to be used as a shaving mirror?
- One wants to see a magnified image of an object in a mirror. What type of mirror should one use?