- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the tongue? Explain its parts.
The tongue is the muscular organ in the mouth, essential for chewing, swallowing, and tasting food. It is also an important organ to producing speech.
The tongue can be divided into three parts:
(i) Tip or apex (oral part): It is the moving part of the tongue.
(ii) Body: It is the middle part of the tongue. It has a rough dorsal surface, containing taste buds and a smooth ventral surface that is attached to the floor of the oral cavity.
(iii) Base or Pharyngeal part: The base of the tongue is the posterior part of the tongue.
The left and right sides of the tongue are parted along its length through a vertical section of fibrous tissue (lingual septum), resulting in a groove or median sulcus on the surface of the tongue.
- Related Articles
- Explain cell and its different parts?
- What is carpel? Write the function of its various parts.
- What Is an Alimentary Canal and What Are Its Main Parts?
- What is RDBMS? Explain its major functions
- What is a triangle? Explain its properties.
- What is a habitat? Explain its type.
- What is translational motion? Explain its types.
- Explain the parts of the stems.\n30374"
- What is the hedge ratio? Explain its advantages and disadvantages.
- What is type 3 grammar? Explain its properties
- What is OLAP? Explain its advantages and disadvantages
- What is the fetchone() method? Explain its use in MySQL Python?
- Mother Tongue