- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the symbol of the element helium?
The symbol of the element Helium is He.
Extra information: Helium is a chemical element with atomic number 2. It is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, non-toxic, inert, monatomic gas. It lies first in the noble gas group in the periodic table. Its boiling point is the lowest among all the elements.
A chemical symbol is a shorthand method of representing an element. Instead of writing out the whole name of an element, we represent an element name with one or two letters. It is usually either the first letter or the first and another letter of the English or Latin name of the element.
Example: Nitrogen as N, Helium as He or calcium as Ca.
Oxygen is represented as O. Iron is represented as Fe its Latin word is Ferrum.
Advantage: It denotes a chemical element. It also helps in writing chemical formulas and chemical equations easily.
- Related Articles
- What is meant by the symbol of an element? Explain with examples.
- What are the rules for writing the symbol of an element?
- (a) What is the significance of the symbol of an element? Explain with the help of an example.(b) Explain the significance of the symbol H.
- What is the symbol of alcohol?
- What is the symbol of battery?
- What is the symbol of mercury?
- What is the Symbol Table?
- What is the use of the @ symbol in PHP?
- What is the significance of Hyderabad metro rail symbol?
- What is the symbol for baking soda?
- State whether the following statement is true or false:The symbol of element cobalt is CO.
- What is the use of the '&' symbol in C++?
- What is the usage of “@” symbol in MySQL stored procedure?
- The symbol of cadmium is CaCuCmCd
- What Information is Stored in the Symbol Table?