- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the name of:(a) the curved, transparent front surface of the eye?(b) the light-sensitive layer in the eye?
(a) The name of the curved, transparent front surface of the eye is called the cornea.
(b) The name of the light-sensitive layer in the eye is the retina.
Cornea is the front part of the eye-bulging outwards, which is made of a transparent substance, and the outer surface of the cornea is convex in shape. Because of this shape, when the light rays coming from an object enter the eye through the cornea, it just bends or refracts.
Retina is the light-sensitive layer or screen at the back part of the eye and behind the eye-lens where the image is formed.
- Related Articles
- (a) What happens to the size of pupil of our eye (i) in dim light (ii) in bright light?(b) Name the cells on the retina of an eye which are sensitive to (i) bright light (ii) dim light (iii) sensation of colour.
- Name the part of the eye:(a) which controls the amount of light entering the eye.(b) on which the image is formed.(c) which changes the focal length of eye-lens.
- Which part of the eye contains cells which are sensitive to light?
- Fill in the following blanks with suitable words:(a) Most of the refraction of light rays entering the eye occurs at the outer surface of the ________.(b) The part of eye sensitive to light is ________.(c) The part of eye which alters the size of the pupil is ________.(d) When light is dim, the pupil becomes ________.(e) The iris controls the amount of ________ entering the eye. (f) The ciliary muscles control the shape of the ________.(g) To bring light from a distant object to a focus on the retina of the eye, the convex eye-lens needs to be made ________.(h) To bring light from a near object to a focus on the retina of the eye, the convex eye-lens need to be made ________.
- How is the amount of light entering the eye controlled?
- There are two types of light-sensitive cells in the human eye:(a) Where are they found?(b) What is each type called?(c) To what is each type of cell sensitive?
- Name two parts of the eye which refract light rays (or bend light rays).
- What changes take place in the shape of eye-lens:(a) when the eye is focused on a near object?(b) when the eye is focused on a distant object?
- Give the scientific names of the following parts of the eye:(a) carries signals from an eye to the brain.(b) muscles which change the shape of the eye-lens.(c) a hole in the middle of the iris.(d) a clear window at the front of the eye.(e) changes shape to focus a picture on the retina.
- Which of the following statements is correct regarding rods and cones in the human eye?$(a)$. Cones are sensitive to dim light.$(b)$. Cones are sensitive to bright light$(c)$. Rods are sensitive to bright light$(d)$. Rods can sense colour
- What is light? What is an eye? Draw a well-labeled diagram of an eye.
- Name the part of the eye:(i) that had real, inverted image of the object formed on it.(ii) that controls the amount of light entering into the eye.(iii) that helps in changing the focal length of the eye lens.
- What is the:(a) far point of a normal human eye?(b) near point of a normal human eye?
- To focus the image of a nearby object on the retina of an eye:(a) the distance between eye-lens and retina is increased. (b) the distance between eye-lens and retina is decreased. (c) the thickness of eye-lens is decreased. (d) the thickness of eye-lens is increased.
- Name two types of cells in the retina of an eye which respond to light.