- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the name of:(a) male part of a flower?(b) female part of a flower?
(a) Stamen is a male part of a flower.
(b) Carpel is a female part of a flower.
Extra information for reference:
A flower consists of four main parts such as Petals, Carpels, Sepals, and Stamens.
1) Sepals are the leafy structures that encompass the flower bud.
2) Petals have highlighting colours to attract insects for pollination.
3) The androecium is a male reproductive structure which consists of stamens. It is comprised of filament and anther which holds the pollen grains.
4) The gynoecium is a female reproductive structure which consists of carpels. It is consist of three structure such as style, ovary and stigma. Pollen sticks on stigma and reaches the ovary through the way of style.
The ovary consists of ovules which produce the seed.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started