- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the difference between Volatile and Non-Volatile substances?
The differences between Volatile and Non-Volatile substances are as follows:-
|Volatile Substances||Non-Volatile Substances|
|1. A volatile substance is one that readily evaporates or sublimates at room temperature or below.||1. A non-volatile substance refers to a substance that does not readily evaporates into gas under existing conditions.|
|2. Have a higher vapour pressure.||2. Have a low vapour pressure.|
|3. Have a low boiling point.||3. Have a high boiling point.|
|4. Have weaker intermolecular attractions.||4. Have strong intermolecular attractions.|
|5. When volatile liquids are heated or stored in an open container, the volume of it decreases.|
5. When volatile liquids are heated or stored in an open container, the volume of it does not easily decrease.
|6. It is usually highly flammable.||6. It is usually non-flammable.|
|7. It can be easily detected by smell.||7. It can't be easily detected by smell.|
|8. Examples- Alcohol, Mercury, and Gasoline.||8. Examples- Sugar, Oil and salt.|
- Related Articles
- Difference between Volatile Memory and Non-Volatile Memory
- What are 'Volatile' and 'Non-volatile' substances?
- Volatile Storage vs Non-Volatile Storage
- What is the difference between transient and volatile in Java?
- Difference between volatile and transient in java
- What is volatile keyword in C++?
- Can we make Array volatile using volatile keyword in Java?
- volatile keyword in C#
- volatile Keyword in Java
- “volatile” qualifier in C
- What does the modifier volatile in Java do?
- What does the volatile keyword mean in C++?
- Volatile data Collection from Window System
- Can a C++ variable be both const and volatile?
- How to Use Volatile Variables in Arduino?