- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the difference between Real Image and Virtual Image?
The differences between Real Image and Virtual Image are as follow:
|Real Image||Virtual Image|
1. The real images form when the light rays meet at a particular point after reflection from the mirror.
1. The virtual images form when the light rays appear to meet at a definite point, after reflection from the mirror.
2. These are formed on the front side of the mirror.
2. These are assumed to be formed at the backside of the mirror.
3. Converging Lenses are used.
3. Diverging Lenses are used.
4. Real images can be obtained on a screen.
4. Virtual images can't be obtained on a screen, rather appears to be on the mirror or lens itself.
5. These images are formed by the concave mirror and convex lens.
5. These images are formed by the plane, convex mirror and concave lens.
6. The images formed are inverted.
6. The images formed are upright or erect.
7. These images are formed due to the actual intersection of light rays.
7. These images are formed due to the imaginary intersection of light rays.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started