- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What Is the definition of Geometry?
Geometry is defined as the branch of mathematics concerned with the properties and relations of points, lines, surfaces, solids, and higher dimensional shapes and figures. The word geometry is derived from the combination of the Greek words geo (“Earth”) and metron (“measure”) for the measurement of the Earth.
Geometry studies the sizes, shapes, positions angles and dimensions of things. Flat shapes like squares, circles, and triangles are a part of flat geometry and are called 2D shapes. These shapes have only 2 dimensions, the length and the width.
Geometry also studies 3D shapes like spheres, cylinders, cones, prisms, pyramids and so on.
- Related Articles
- What is the coordinate geometry?
- What is practical geometry ?
- What does geometry mean?
- What are quadrilaterals in geometry?
- What is a better Tkinter geometry manager than .grid()?
- What is the definition of Curve?
- What is the definition of Sublimation?
- What is the definition of fabric?
- What is the definition of Herbs?
- What is the definition of optics?
- What is the definition of heat?
- What is the definition of Convection?
- What Is the definition of Reflection?
- What is the definition of phenolphthalein?
- What is the definition of Distance ?