- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is responsible for the acidic nature of substances?
The hydrogen ion interacts strongly with a lone pair of electrons on the oxygen of a water molecule. The resulting ion, H3O+ is called the hydronium ion. Acidic solutions are formed when an acid transfers a proton to water.
- Related Articles
- What is acidic, and what is responsible for the acidic nature of substance?
- The presence of __________ Ca in acids is responsible for their acidic properties.
- What is the nature of distilled water- acidic, basic or neutral?
- What is the nature (acidic/basic) of the following oxides?(a) Magnesium oxide(b) Sulphur dioxideGiven reason for your choice.
- What is the other name for impure substances ? Give two examples of impure substances.
- What force is responsible for the earth revolving round the sun?
- What is the separation of substances?
- What is the Nature of Light?
- What is the Nature of Electricity?
- Which of the following is responsible for sleeping sickness?LeishmaniaMycobacteriumRhizobiumTrypanosoma
- What is the term used for secretions of endocrine glands responsible for changes taking place in the body?
- What is the meaning of intrinsic nature?
- What is the term used for chemical secretion of endocrine glands responsible for changes taking place in the body?
- Which phenomenon is responsible for making the path of light visible?
- Which force is responsible for the wearing out of car tyres?