- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Reflection?
Reflection is the change in direction of a wave at a boundary between two different media so that the wave moves back into the medium it came from.
The most common examples include the reflection of light, & sound.
For example, Let’s see the reflection of light
When a ray of light falls on a smooth polished surface or mirror, the light rays bounce off the surface, making the angle of incidence equal to the angle of reflection which we know as the "Reflection of Light".
The incident light ray which falls upon the surface is said to be reflected off the surface.
The ray that bounces back is called the reflected ray.
If a perpendicular were to be drawn on the reflecting surface, it would be called normal.
The figure below shows the reflection of an incident ray on a plane mirror.
- Related Articles
- What is multiple reflection?
- What Is the definition of Reflection?
- What is the second law of reflection?
- What is the difference between reflection and refraction?
- What is reflection of light, and its types? Also, explain "The Laws of Reflection" in brief.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of regular reflection and irregular reflection?
- Is reflection different from refraction?
- What is the difference between regular reflection of light and diffuse reflection of light? What type of reflection of light takes place from:a cinema screena plane mirrora cardboardstill water surface of a lake
- Reflection of Light and Laws of Reflection
- What do you understand by reflection of light?
- Sound Reflection
- Differentiate between regular and diffused reflection. Does diffused reflection mean the failure of the laws of reflection?
- What is meant by 'reflection of light'? Define the following terms used in the study of reflection of light by drawing a labelled ray-diagram:Incident rayPoint of incidenceNormalReflected rayAngle of incidenceAngle of reflection
- Reflection in C#
- Reflection of Waves