- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is meant by conservation of water? Suggest three methods to conserve water.
Careful and economical use of water and avoiding its wastage is called conservation of water. It includes all the activities, policies and strategies to sustainably manage fresh water. It means using less water and recycling used water so that it can be used again.
Given below are some suggestions for conserving water:
- To practice the '4Rs' of water conservation - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Replenish.
- Planting trees: Trees and forests help in causing rainfall. So to conserve water, we should plant more and more trees.
- Rainwater harvesting: By collecting rainwater in tanks, and ponds or by constructing check dams.
Other ways of conservation of water are:
- Reforestation: As forests and other vegetation cover slows the surface runoff and replenishes groundwater.
- Use only the required quantity of water during washing and cleaning purposes.
- Fix drips by replacing worn-out tap washers.
- During farming, use better methods of irrigation like the drip method for conservation of water.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started