- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is decomposition reaction? Explain with example.
A decomposition reaction is a chemical reaction in which one single compound splits into multiple simpler substances under suitable conditions.
Carbonic acid (H2CO3) is an ingredient of soft drinks. When carbonic acid breaks down to produce water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2), a decomposition reaction takes place. Therefore when we open a can of soft drink some of the carbon dioxides fizzes out.
The equation for this reaction is:
H2CO3 --------> H2O + CO2
- Related Articles
- What is decomposition reaction? Give an example of decomposition reaction. Describe an activity to illustrate such a reaction by heating.
- What is a neutralisation reaction? Explain with an example. Give the chemical equation of the reaction which takes place.
- Fe2O3 + 2Al → Al2O3 + 2FeThe above reaction is an example of a(a) combination reaction(b) double displacement reaction(c) decomposition reaction(d) displacement reaction
- Give one example of a decomposition reaction which is carried out:(a) with electricity(b) by applying heat
- Explain The Reaction Of Non Metals With Oxygen With An Example
- What is meant by (a) displacement reaction, and (b) double displacement reaction? Explain with the help of one example each.
- What is nuclear fission? Explain with an example. Write the equation of the nuclear reaction involved.
- What is hydrochloric acid? Explain with example.
- What is Symbiosis? Explain with an example.
- What is heat? Explain with an example.
- Consider the reaction: KBr (aq) + AgNO3 (aq) --------> KNO3 (aq) + AgBr (s)This is an example of:(a) decomposition reaction (b) combination reaction(c) double displacement reaction(d) displacement reaction
- What is dihybrid cross? Explain it with example.
- What is a physical change? Explain with example.
- What is a chemical change? Explain with example.
- What is Inheritance in Java? Explain with an example