- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a solar cell panel? For what purpose is it used? State its two main advantages.
A solar cell panel consists of a large number of solar cells connected together (in a series) in a definite pattern.
It is used to provide electricity in remote and inaccessible rural areas.
The two main advantages of solar cell panels are as follows:
1. It provides a large amount of electricity than a single solar cell and hence can be used to operate TVs and water pumps.
2. The electricity produced by solar cell panels can be stored in batteries and used at night.
Extra information with the image is for reference only.
A solar cell (also known as a photovoltaic cell or PV cell) is combined to form modules commonly known as solar panels.
It is defined as an electrical device that converts light energy into electrical energy through the photovoltaic effect. It is basically a p-n junction diode.
When sunlight strikes the PV cell, the photons of light excite the electrons on the cell and make them flow, producing usable energy (electrical energy).
- Related Articles
- What are solar cells? Explain the structure of solar panel. List two principal advantages associated with solar cells.
- What is meant by incineration? For what purpose is it used?
- What is Photovoltaic or Solar Cell? – Construction, Working and Advantages
- What is solar cell?
- What is Maxwell's corkscrew rule? For what purpose is it used?
- (a) What is a solar cell? Draw the labelled diagram of a solar cell.(b) Name the semi-conductor material which is usually used for making solar cells. (c) Write the uses of solar cells.
- What is the Main Purpose of Blockchain?
- What is wind energy? Mention its two advantages.
- What is the main purpose of rainwater harvesting?
- What is chromatography? State its two applications.
- What is silviculture? What are its advantages?
- What is the main purpose of earthing an electrical appliance?
- What is vegetative propagation? State two advantages and two disadvantages of this method.
- What is an array and what is it used for?
- What methods of session object is used frequently in JSP and for what purpose?