- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a closed and open circuit ?
A closed or close circuit is one in which, the switch is CLOSED. This allows for the flow of current in the circuit. Current flows from the battery in the circuit and through the load in the circuit.
An open circuit is one in which the circuit is OPEN. Since the switch is open, the circuit is broken and hence the current from the battery or cell cannot flow.
In the circuit and there is no voltage drop across the load.
- Related Articles
- Difference between Open Circuit and Closed Circuit
- In open circuit key is closed or open ?
- What is a close and open circuit?
- What is an open circuit?
- What is Open Circuit Voltage? – Definition, Calculation, and Example
- Difference between Open Circuit and Short Circuit
- Open Circuit and Short Circuit Test of Transformer
- Difference Between Open and Closed Circulatory Systems
- Closed-ended vs. Open-ended Mutual Funds: What is the difference?
- Short-Circuit Test and Open-Circuit Test on a Three-Winding Transformer
- Will the bulb glow when the circuit is closed?
- Difference between Open Loop and Closed Loop Control System
- Open Circuit Characteristics of a DC Generator
- What is the difference between a combinational circuit and a sequential Circuit?
- Difference between Open Cycle Gas Turbine and Closed Cycle Gas Turbine