- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a close and open circuit?
A closed or close circuit is one in which, the switch is CLOSED. This allows for the flow of current in the circuit. Current flows from the battery in the circuit and through the load in the circuit.
An open circuit is one in which the circuit is OPEN. Since the switch is open, the circuit is broken and hence the current from the battery or cell cannot flow.
In the circuit and there is no voltage drop across the load.
- Related Articles
- What is a closed and open circuit ?
- What is an open circuit?
- What is Open Circuit Voltage? – Definition, Calculation, and Example
- Difference between Open Circuit and Closed Circuit
- Difference between Open Circuit and Short Circuit
- In open circuit key is closed or open ?
- Open Circuit and Short Circuit Test of Transformer
- Short-Circuit Test and Open-Circuit Test on a Three-Winding Transformer
- How to open and close a PDF file using Swift?
- Open Circuit Characteristics of a DC Generator
- What is the difference between a combinational circuit and a sequential Circuit?
- How to safely open/close files in Python?
- What is a circuit?
- How to write a SoftKeyboard open and close listener in an activity in Android?
- What is the electricity and circuit?