- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the various fuels which are used to generate electricity in a thermal power plant?
Fossil fuels, such as coal, gas and oil, are used to generate electricity in a thermal power plant.
- Related Articles
- What are the components of a typical Thermal Power Plant?
- What are the equipment used in a typical Steam Power Plant?
- What is meant by ocean thermal energy? Explain how ocean thermal energy can be used to generate electricity.
- Difference between Thermal Power Plant and Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Difference between Thermal Power Plant and Nuclear Power Plant
- Difference between Solar Power Plant and Solar Thermal Power Plant
- (a) What is the difference between a thermal power plant and a hydro power plant?(b) Which of the two causes serious air pollution and how?
- What are various systems of power transmission?
- What are the components of a typical Nuclear Power Plant?
- Which one of the following statements about power stations is not true? (a) hydroelectric power stations use water to drive turbines(b) in a power station, turbines drive generators(c) electricity from thermal power stations differs from that produced in hydroelectric power stations(d) in hydroelectric power stations and thermal power stations, alternators produce electricity
- Why are Thermal Power Stations usually located near a river?
- What are the components of a typical Gas Turbine Power Plant?
- What are the various literary devices used in English Literature?
- What are the various steps which can be taken to control (or reduce) pollution caused by burning fossil fuels?
- What are the commonly used methods to auto-generate the .gitignore file?