- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the advantages and disadvantages of synthetic fibres?
Fibres are thread-like structures that are long, thin and flexible. These may be spun into yarns and then made into fabrics. There can be different types of fibres. On the basis of their origin, fibres are classified as natural fibres and synthetic fibres. Synthetic fibres - Synthetic fibres are man-made fibres designed to make fabrics.
Eg. nylon and rayon.
The Advantages of Synthetic Fibres
1. Most fabrics made of synthetic fibres do not wrinkle easily.
2. Fabrics made of synthetic fibres are generally more durable, less expensive, and more readily available than those made of natural fibres.
3. Most synthetic fibres can handle heavy loads without breaking.
The Disadvantage of Synthetic Fibres.
1. Synthetic fibres do not absorb water or sweat.
2. Synthetic fibres melt and burn easily.
3. Synthetic fibres on catching fire shrink forming beads which stick to the skin. Therefore it is not advisable to use clothes made from synthetic fibres while working near flame/fire, such as, in the kitchen.
4. Synthetic fibres are nonbiodegradable. They cause soil pollution.
- Related Articles
- List the advantages and disadvantages of synthetic fibres.
- What are synthetic fibres?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of smartphones?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of mergers?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of acquisition?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Antivirus?
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Agile?
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Biofuels?
- What are Synthetic Fibres and its examples?
- What are the disadvantages of wearing synthetic fabrics ?
- (a) What are synthetic fibres? Name any two synthetic fibres.(b) Why have synthetic fibres become more popular than natural fibres?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Li-Fi?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of data mining?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of operating systems?