- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are fossil fuels?
Fossil Fuel: These fuels are caused by the anaerobic decomposition of buried dead organisms a long ago. These fuels consist of natural gas, crude oil, coal, etc.
- Related Articles
- (a) What are fossil fuels? Name three fossil fuels.(b) Describe how, fossil fuels were formed.
- What are the disadvantages of burning fossil fuels?
- Why Fossil Fuels are Exhaustible natural resources?
- Name two fossil fuels.
- Explain Why Fossil Fuels are Exhaustible natural resources?
- Why are coal and petroleum known as fossil fuels?
- (a) What are fossil fuels? Give three examples of fossil fuels.(b) Describe how fossil fuels were formed.(c) Explain how, sun is considered to be the ultimate source of fossil fuels.(d) Which fossil fuels were formed by the buried remains of small plants and animals?(e) Which fossil fuel formed by the buried remains of large land plants?
- Define the term fossil fuel. Name two fossil fuels.
- Describe how fossil fuels were formed?
- Why are fossil fuels classified as non-renewable sources of energy?
- Give two disadvantages of using fossil fuels.
- Why should fossil fuels be used with care?
- What are the various steps which can be taken to control (or reduce) pollution caused by burning fossil fuels?
- Why should we use fossil fuels only when absolutely necessary?
- Name a non-renewable source of energy other than fossil fuels.