- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are digestion and digestive system?
Digestive system is the system by which ingested food is acted upon by physical and chemical means to provide the body with absorbable nutrients and to excrete waste products. In mammals, the Digestive system includes the alimentary canal extending from the mouth to the anus, and the hormones and enzymes assisting in digestion.
Digestion is the sequence by which food is broken down and chemically converted so that it can be absorbed by the cells of an organism and used to maintain vital bodily functions.
The major parts of the digestive system:
1. Salivary glands.
4. Small Intestine.
5. Large Intestine.
Accessory digestive organs are salivary glands, liver, pancreas, and gallbladder.
- Related Articles
- What is Digestive System?
- What are the functions of liver and pancreas in the human digestive system?
- Human Digestive System
- What is chyme in the human digestive system?
- The ______________ and the _______________ together make the digestive system.
- With the help of diagram, explain digestive system.
- Label Fig 2.11 of the digestive system."\n
- Cardiovascular system is also known as(a) Digestive system(b) Excretory system(c) Circulatory system(d) Nervous system
- Which is the largest gland in our digestive system?
- What are the 5 steps of digestion?\n6674"
- What are the 7 steps in human digestion?
- In which part of the digestive system is water absorbed?
- Name the following:\nDigestive organ involved in the process of digestion but does not secrete digestive juices.
- What Is Extracellular Digestion ?
- What are Transmission Bandwidth and System Temperature?