- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The major ill effect of monoculture practice in forests is on the(a) biopersity which faces large destruction(b) local people whose basic needs can no longer be met from such forests(c) industries(d) forest department
Correct Answer: (a) biodiversity which faces large destruction
The major ill effect of monoculture practice in forests is on the biodiversity which faces large destruction.
Growing single type of vegetation or trees in the forests lead to loss of biodiversity or loss of variations among the types of animals, plants, insects, birds, etc.
- Related Articles
- (a) Name the major industries which are based on forest produce.(b) State the main aim of the management of forests and wildlife.(c) Name the four main stakeholders in the management of forest resources.
- Apart from the availability of forest products, name two other things which are effected by the destruction of forests.
- The Reni village of Garhwal is famous for (A) Monocultures of pine, teak and eucalyptus. (B) Chipko Movement. (C) Extensive biopersity. (D) Participation of local people in efficient management of forests.
- List the reasons for the destruction of forests.
- Which one of the following stakeholders of forests causes the maximum damage to forest?people who live in or around the forestThe forest department of the governmentThe wildlife and native enthusiastsThe industrialists
- Why are forests considered ‘‘biopersity hot spots’’? Suggest four approaches towards the conservation of forests.
- Which of the following is FALSE?a. Forests help in preventing soil erosion.b. Forests cannot grow and regenerate.c. Forests can influence climate.d. Forests can improve the quality of air.
- Give any four factors which are responsible for the destruction of forests.
- Give one example to show how the participation of local people can lead to the efficient management of forests.
- The major programme started to replenish the damaged forests is called:(a) horticulture (b) tissue culture (c) agriculture (d) silviculture
- Which of the following statements is not correct?(i) Forests protect the soil from erosion.(ii) Plants and animals in a forest are not dependent on one another.(iii) Forests influence the climate and water cycle.(iv) Soil helps forests to grow and regenerate.
- The department which prepares weather report is(a) telecom department(b) electrical department(c) meteorological department(d) civil department
- Name the major programme started to replenish forests.
- What is meant by biopersity? List two advantages of conserving forests and wildlife.
- What is biopersity? Why are forests considered as ‘‘biopersity hot spots’’? List two factors responsible for causing deforestation.