- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The layer of air around the earth is known as â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.
The layer of air around the earth is known as the atmosphere.
Earth's atmosphere is composed of about 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and one percent other gases. These are colorless and odorless gases. It also contains trace amounts of carbon dioxide, neon, helium, methane, krypton, hydrogen, nitrous oxide, xenon, ozone, iodine, carbon monoxide, water vapors, and ammonia.
Nitrogen: Nitrogen makes up 78% of the air in the atmosphere. The nitrogen cycle transfers nitrogen to plants, animals, and the environment. Nitrogen (N) is one of the building blocks of life: it is essential for all plants and animals to survive. When nitrogen oxides interact with water droplets in the air, it forms nitric acid, causing acid rain.
Oxygen: Oxygen accounts for 21% of the atmosphere. It is extremely reactive and forms compounds with a wide range of other chemicals, and it is required for living creatures to breathe.
Ozone: The ozone layer is formed by ozone gas in the stratosphere. The ozone layer protects us from harmful UV rays and hence is essential for the survival of life on Earth's surface.
Argon: Argon is an inert gas that makes up about 1% of the atmosphere.
Water Vapours: Water circulates through all of Earth's systems in its three states, solid, liquid, and gas known as the water cycle.
Carbon Dioxide: Carbon dioxide makes up about 0.03 % of the atmosphere naturally, but it is growing as a result of the combustion of fossil fuels. Carbon dioxide is used by plants and eubacteria during photosynthesis.]
- Related Articles
- How is the earth known as a magnet?
- Why Earth is known as Unique planet?
- What is the meaning of air around us?
- Why moon revolves around the earth and not around the sun? As the force of attraction between the sun and moon is greater than the force of attraction between earth and moon.
- The work done when the earth moves around the sun is?
- Who is known as the Father of Internet?
- Who is known as the father of Microbiology?
- What is the state of motion known as?
- Why mitochondria is known as the powerhouse of the cell?
- What is known as the main axis of the skeleton?
- The maximum displacement of a pendulum is known as?
- What is known as the building block of life?
- Fill in the blanks.$(i)$. Air around us exerts____.$(ii)$. The moving air is called_____.$(iii)$. The main cause of wind movement is uneven ____ on the earth.$(iv)$. High speed wind can cause cyclone in regions of _____pressure.
- The upper part of the pedicel is swollen and known as ________.
- Which organelle is known as the powerhouse of the cell? why?