- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The following figures have more than one line of symmetry. Such figures are said to have multiple lines of symmetry.
Identify multiple lines of symmetry
Given: Some figures have more than one line of symmetry as shown in the given figures. Such figures are said to have multiple lines of symmetry.
To do: To identify multiple lines of symmetry, if any, in each of the given figures.
Solution: In order to check the symmetry and find their lines of symmetry, we will draw several lines passing through the centre point in each shape.
$(a)$.It has three lines of symmetry.
$(b)$.It has two lines of symmetry.
$(c)$.It has three lines of symmetry.
$(d)$.It has two lines of symmetry.
$(e)$.It has four lines of symmetry.
$(f)$.It has one line of symmetry.
$(g)$.It has four lines of symmetry.
$(h)$.It has six lines of symmetry.
- Related Articles
- Which of the following figures have rotational symmetry of order more than 1:"\n
- Name any two figures that have both line symmetry and rotational symmetry.
- If a figure has two or more lines of symmetry, should it have rotational symmetry of order more than 1?
- The capital of letter S and Z has(a.) One line of symmetry(b.) Two lines of symmetry(c.) No line of symmetry(d.) Many lines of symmetry
- On a squared paper, sketch the following:(a) A triangle with a horizontal line of symmetry but no vertical line of symmetry.(b) A quadrilateral with both horizontal and vertical lines of symmetry.(c) A quadrilateral with a horizontal line of symmetry but no vertical line of symmetry.(d) A hexagon with exactly two lines of symmetry.(e) A hexagon with six lines of symmetry.(Hint : It will be helpful if you first draw the lines of symmetry and then complete the figures.)
- Can you draw a triangle which has(a) exactly one line of symmetry?(b) exactly two lines of symmetry?(c) exactly three lines of symmetry?(d) no lines of symmetry?Sketch a rough figure in each case.
- Consider the letters of English alphabets, A to Z. List among them the letters which have(a) vertical lines of symmetry (like A)(b) horizontal lines of symmetry (like B)(c) no lines of symmetry (like Q)
- Name the quadrilaterals which have both line and rotational symmetry of order more than 1.
- Find the number of lines of symmetry for each of the following shapes :"\n
- Copy the figures with punched holes and find the axes of symmetry for the following:"\n
- Trace each figure and draw the lines of symmetry, if any:"\n
- Saving multiple figures to one PDF file in matplotlib
- Find the number of lines of symmetry in each of the following shapes.How will you check your answers?"\n
- Copy the triangle in each of the following figures on squared paper. In each case, draw the line(s) of symmetry, if any and identify the type of triangle."\n
- Explain Line of symmetry.