- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The figure given below shows the magnetic field between two magnets:
(i) Copy the diagram and label the other poles of the magnets.
(ii) Which is the weaker magnet?"\
(i) Magnet 1 shows S-N and Magnet 2 shows N-S.
Extra information for reference only
In magnet 1, the magnetic field lines are beginning or coming out from the right side, the north pole, so on the left side, it is obvious to be the south pole. In magnet 2, the magnetic field lines are beginning or coming out from the left side, hence it would be the north pole, and on its opposite, the right side, it is obvious to be the south pole.
(ii) Magnet 2 is weaker because its magnetic lines are bending more. In other words, its magnetic lines are experiencing more force exerted by Magnet 1.
- Related Articles
- The three diagrams in the following figure show the lines of force (field lines) between the poles of two magnets. Identify the poles A, B, C, D, E and F."\n
- Copy the figure given below which shows a plotting compass and a magnet. Label the N pole of the magnet and draw field line on which the compass lines."\n
- Pick out the chemically most reactive elements from the given triads. Li, Na, KF, CI, BrLi and FLi and Br K and FK and Br
- How to change the height of br tag?
- Arrange the following elements in increasing order of their atomic radii.(a) Li, Be, F, N(b) Cl, At, Br I
- The given magnet is divided into three parts $A$, $B$, and $C$.Name the parts where the strength of the magnetic field is :(i) maximum
- (a) The diagram shows a bar magnet surrounded by four plotting compasses. Copy the diagram and mark in it the direction of the compass needle for each of the cases B, C and D.(b) Which is the north pole\n
- DIRECTIONS: On the basis of the following diagram/ picture answer the questions given below: The figure given below represents the human excretory system. Identify the labeled part in which urine is stored.(a) A(b) B(c) C (d) D"\n
- The velocity-time graph shows the motion of a cyclist. Find $(i)$. its acceleration $(ii)$. its velocity and ,br>$(iii)$. the distance covered by the cyclist in 15 seconds."
- Find the area of the following trapeziums.(i)img src=/doubts_assets/images/81094-28569-1600413189.png">(ii)"\n
- A bar magnet is cut into two pieces A and B, from the middle, as shown in the figure.Will the two pieces act as individual magnets? Mark the poles of these two pieces. Suggest an activity to verify your answer."
- Write the molecular formula of first two members of homologous series having functional group -Br.
- In the figure given below .Is \( A B+B C+C D+D Aanswer."\n
- Consider the given figure and answer the questions :(a) Is it a curve? (b) Is it closed?"
- Based on the given diagram answer the questions are given below:(a) Label the parts A\n