- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The elements with the same valence electrons and form the same type of ions
Correct Answer: (d) 2311Na 2019K.
Explanation: The elements with the same valence electrons and form the same type of ions are sodium and potassium as both form cations by donating their outermost electrons and both have 1 valence electron.
- Related Articles
- The electrons present in the outermost shell are called(a) valency electrons (b) octate electrons(c) duplet electrons (d) valence electron.
- The number of valence electrons in a graphite atom is :(a) 2 (b) 4 (c) 3 (d) 5
- Which of the given elements A, B, C, D and E with atomic number 2, 3, 7, 10 and 30 respectively belong to the same period? A, B, CB, C, DA, D, EB, D, E
- The number of valence electrons in a sulphide ion, S2–, is :(a) 16 (b) 10 (c) 9 (d) 8
- (a) What is the usual number of valence electrons and valency of group 18 elements of the periodic table?(b) What happens to the number of valence electrons in the atoms of elements as we go down in a group of the periodic table?
- (a) What are valence electrons? Where are valence electrons situated in an atom?(b) What is the number of valence electrons in the atoms of an element having atomic number 13? Name the valence shell of this atom.
- The anion of an element has :(a) more electrons than the normal atom(b) less electrons than the normal atom(c) more protons than the normal atom(d) same number of electrons as normal atom
- Atoms of different elements with the same number of occupied shells are placed in the same _________________________.
- Which one of the following elements exhibit a maximum number of valence electrons?NaAlSiP
- Non-metals form covalent chlorides because(a) they can give electrons to chlorine(b) they can share electrons with chlorine(c) they can give electrons to chlorine atoms to form chloride ions(d) they cannot share electrons with chlorine atoms
- Number of valence electrons in Cl- ion are:(a) 16(b) 8(c)17(d) 18.
- The cation of an element has :(a) the same number of electrons as its neutral atom(b) more electrons than a neutral atom(c) less protons than a neutral atom(d) less electrons than a neutral atom
- Which of the following elements has the same molecular mass as its atomic mass ?(a) nitrogen (b) neon (c) oxygen (d) chlorine
- The nucleus of an atom has 5 protons and 6 neutrons. What would be the (a) atomic number, (b) mass number, (c) the number of electrons, and (d) the number of valence electrons, per atom of this element?
- Isotopes of an element have(a) the same physical properties(b)the same chemical properties(c)different number of neutrons(d) different atomic numbers.