- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The boxes are to be filled with apples in a heap. If 24 apples are put in a box then 27 boxes are needed. If 36 apples are filled in a box how many boxes will be needed?
If 24 apples are put in a box then 27 boxes are needed.
We have to find the number of boxes needed when 36 apples are filled in a box.
The boxes are to be filled with apples in a heap.
The total number of apples $=$ Total number of boxes $\times$ Number of apples in a single box
In the first instance when 24 apples are put in a box,
The total number of apples $=27 \times 24=648$
The total number of boxes required when 36 apples are filled in a box$=$Total number of apples $\div$ Number of apples in a single box
Therefore, 18 boxes will be needed when 36 apples are filled in a box.
- Related Articles
- If 6 cups are packed in a box that holds 6 cups, how many boxes will you need?
- Oranges are to be transferred from larger boxes into smaller boxes. When a large box is emptied, the oranges from it fill two smaller boxes and still 10 oranges remain outside. If the number of oranges in a small box are taken to be \( x \), what is the number of oranges in the larger box?
- 16% of the apples in a basket go bad. If there are 42 good apples in the basket, find the total number of apples in the basket.
- Why apples are red?
- If there are 50 mangoes in a box, how will you write the total number of mangoes in terms of the number of boxes? (Use \( b \) for the number of boxes.)
- A basket contains 260 apples . If 15% of the apples were rotten , find the number of apples that were good enough to be sold.
- Find the least number of apples so that heaps of 12,15 and 20 apples can be made with no apples left.
- Program to find out how many boxes can be put into the godown in Python
- The probability of selecting a rotten apple randomly from a heap of 900 apples is 0.18 What is the number of rotten apples in the heap ?
- In a computer lab, there are $3$ computers for every $6$ students. How many computers will be needed for $24$ students?
- What are the role of S-boxes in DES?
- How many types of JDialog boxes can be created in Java?
- 15 pastries and 12 biscuit packets have been donated for a school fete. These are to be packed in several smaller identical boxes with the same number of pastries and biscuit packets in each. How many biscuit packets and how many pastries will each box contain?
- There are two boxes, one made of metal and the other made of wood, which are similar in appearance. How will you find out which box is made of metal?
- Program to find out the number of boxes to be put into the godown in Python