- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Solution A turns universal indicator blue to purple whereas solution B turns universal indicator orange to red.(a) What will be the action of solution A on litmus?
(b) What will be action of solution B on litmus?
(c) Name any two substances which can give solutions like A.
(d) Name any two substances which can give solutions like B.
(e) What sort of reaction takes place when solution A reacts with solution B?
(a) Solution A turns universal indicator blue to purple so it is basic in nature. Thus, it will turn red litmus paper blue.
(b) Solution B turns universal indicator orange to red so it is acidic in nature. Thus, it will turn blue litmus red.
(c) Milk of magnesia and sodium hydroxide solution are basic in nature like solution A.
(d) Lemon juice and hydrochloric acid are acidic in nature like solution B
(e) Neutralisation reaction takes place between solution A(Base) and solution B(Acid) to produce salt and water.
The reaction is given as: Acid + Base --> Salt + Water.
- Related Articles
- Two Solution X and Y are tested the universal indicator. Solution X turns orange whereas solution Y turns red. Which of the solutions is a stronger acid?
- Two solutions X and Y are tested with universal indicator. Solution X turns orange whereas solution Y turns red. Which of the solutions is a stronger acid?
- Which one of the following solutions would you use to test the pH of a given sample?(1)blue litmus solution(2)red litmus solution(3) universal indicator solution(4)mixture of red and blue litmus solution
- A solution turns phenolphthalein indicator pink. The most likely pH of the solution will be:(a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 9 (d) 7
- Name an indicator which is red in acid solution but turns blue in basic solution.
- Which of the following observations is true about dilute solution of acetic acid?(a) It smells like vinegar and turns red litmus blue.(b) It smells like onion and turns blue litmus blue.(c) It smells like orange and turns red litmus blue.(d) It smells like vinegar and turns blue litmus red.
- A student was given four unknown solutions in test-tubes marked A, B, C and D and asked to test them with universal indicator solution. He observed that on putting universal indicator solution, the solutions A, B, C and D turned blue, orange, green and red respectively. The test-tube which contains sodium chloride solution is :(1) A (2) B (3) C (4) D
- A solution turns red litmus blue. Its pH is likely to be:(a) 1 (b) 4 (c) 5 (d) 10
- A solution turns blue litmus red. Its pH is likely to be:(a) 7 (b) 5 (c) 8 (d) 14
- The indicators which turns red in acid solution are:(a) Turmeric and litmus(b) Phenolphthalein and methyl orange(c) Litmus and methyl orange(d) Phenolphthalein and litmus
- What is Indicator and Litmus Solution?
- Which one of the following would you need to identify the gas that evolve when you heat NaOH solution with zinc metal?(a) Red litmus solution(b) Blue litmus solution(c) A burning splinter/matchstick(d) Lime water
- Name an indicator which is pink in alkaline solution but turns colourless in acidic solution.
- The indicator which produces a pink colour in an alkaline solution:(a) Methyl orange(b) Turmeric paper(c) Phenolphthalein(d) Litmus paper
- What happens when silver nitrate solution is added to sodium chloride solution?(a) Write the equation for the reaction which takes place.(b) Name the type of reaction involved.