- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name the devices or machines which convert:
(a) Mechanical energy into electrical energy.
(b) Chemical energy into electrical energy.
(c) Electrical energy into heat energy.
(d) Light energy into electrical energy.
(e) Electrical energy into light energy.
(a) Mechanical energy into the electrical energy-Electric generator
(b) Chemical energy into electrical energy- Cell or Battery
(c) Electrical energy into heat energy- Electric Iron
(d) Light energy into electrical energy- Solar cell
(e) Electrical energy into light energy- Electric Bulb
- Related Articles
- Name the devices or machines which convert:(i) Electrical energy into sound energy.(ii) Heat energy into kinetic energy (or mechanical energy).(iii) Chemical energy into kinetic energy (or mechanical energy).(iv) Chemical energy into heat energy.(v) Light energy into heat energy.
- A microphone converts:(a) electrical energy into sound energy in ordinary telephone(b) microwave energy into sound energy in a mobile phone(c) sound energy into mechanical energy in a stereo system(d) sound energy into electrical energy in public address system
- Name the device which converts electrical energy into mechanical energy.
- Water stored in a dam possesses:(a) no energy(b) electrical energy(c) kinetic energy(d) potential energy
- In photosynthesis process, solar energy is converted into which energy?(a) Carbohydrate energy(b) Growth energy(c) Chemical energy(d) Physical energy
- How heat energy converted into light energy?
- Which of the following energy change involves frictional force? (a) chemical energy to heat energy(b) kinetic energy to heat energy(c) potential energy to sound energy (d) chemical energy to kinetic energy
- State whether the following statement is true or false:An electric motor converts mechanical energy into electrical energy.
- The energy possessed by an oscillating pendulum of a clock is: (a) kinetic energy(b) potential energy(c) restoring energy(d) mechanical energy
- Electrical Energy and Power
- Mechanical energy of a body includes (a) kinetic energy only(b) potential energy only(c) kinetic energy and potential energy(d) none of these
- In an ecosystem, the ten percent energy available for transfer from one trophic level to the next is in the form of :(a) heat energy (b) chemical energy(c) mechanical energy (d) light energy
- Name the electric device which converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. Draw the labelled diagram and explain the principle involved in this device.
- Solar energy can be directly converted to electrical energy by which of the following devices?(a) solar cooker (b) solar heater (c) solar cell (d) solar geyser
- The device which converts mechanical energy into energy which runs our microwave oven is:(a) electric motor (b) alternator (c) turbine (d) electric heater