- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name the device which converts sunlight into electricity.
Solar cell is a device that converts sunlight into electricity.
A solar cell (also known as a photovoltaic cell or PV cell) is combined to form modules commonly known as solar panels.
It is defined as an electrical device that converts light energy into electrical energy through the photovoltaic effect. It is basically a p-n junction diode.
When sunlight strikes the PV cell, the photons of light excite the electrons on the cell and make them flow, producing usable energy.
- Related Articles
- Name the device which converts electrical energy into mechanical energy.
- Name the electric device which converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. Draw the labelled diagram and explain the principle involved in this device.
- Name a device which uses wind energy to generate electricity.
- (a) Name one device which works on the magnetic effect of current.(b) Name one device which works on the phenomenon of electromagnetic induction. (c) Which device converts electric energy into mechanical energy? (d) Describe the principle of working of an electric motor. (e) Explain the principle of working of an electric generator.
- The device which converts mechanical energy into energy which runs our microwave oven is:(a) electric motor (b) alternator (c) turbine (d) electric heater
- What name is given to the device which automatically cuts off the electricity supply during short-circuiting in household wiring?
- A motor converts one form of energy into another. Name the two forms.
- A cell converts one form of energy into another. Name the two forms.
- Name some everyday objects:(a) which reflect all the colours in sunlight(b) which absorb all the colours in sunlight
- Ball bearing is a device which usually converts:(a) rolling friction into sliding friction(b) static friction into sliding friction (c) sliding friction into rolling friction(d) rolling friction into static friction
- Name the material which is the best conductor of electricity.
- Name a non-metallic element, which conducts electricity.
- Name one device which works on the magnetic effect of current.
- A hydro-power plant converts one form of energy into another. Name the two forms of energy.
- Name the device which is used to produce sound in laboratory experiments.