- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name the method used to separate cream from curd.
Centrifugation is the method used to separate cream from curd.
Example: If we put some milk in a centrifugation machine and spin it rapidly, the cream separates from the milk because the cream is less dense than milk.
Applications of the centrifugation process are as follows:
1. To separate two or more miscible substances.
2. To purify bacterial, fungal, plant, or mammalian cells.
3. To remove fat from milk to produce skimmed milk.
4. To clarify and stabilize the wine.
5. In pathology and forensic research laboratories, separate urine components, blood components, etc.]
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started