- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name one source of energy which is not derived from solar energy directly of indirectly.
The source of energy which is not derived from solar energy directly or indirectly is Geothermal energy. It is the heat energy generated and stored in the Earth.
The term Geothermal is derived from the two Greek words, 'Geo' meaning "earth" and 'thermal' meaning "heat". Geothermal energy is the heat produced deep in the Earth's core, due to which it is a clean, renewable source of energy that can be harnessed for use as heat and electricity.
The heat in the core is produced mainly by the radioactive decay of potassium, thorium, and uranium in Earth’s crust and mantle and also by friction generated along the margins of continental plates.
- Related Articles
- Which of the following is ultimately not derived from the sun's energy (or solar energy)?wind energynuclear energybiomass energyocean thermal energy
- Most of the sources of energy we use represent stored solar energy. Which of the following is not ultimately derived from the Sun’s energy?$(a)$ geothermal energy$(b)$ wind energy$(c)$ nuclear energy$(d)$ bio-mass.
- Most of the sources of energy that we use represent stored solar energy. Which of the following is not ultimately derived from the sun's energy?(a) wind energy (b) geothermal energy(c) fossil fuels(d) biomass
- Solar energy can be directly converted to electrical energy by which of the following devices?(a) solar cooker (b) solar heater (c) solar cell (d) solar geyser
- Which of the following sources of energy are not derived from the sun?Biomass, Wind, Ocean thermal energy, Geothermal energy, Nuclear fuels, Hydroelectricity, Wave energy, Coal, Petroleum, Tidal energy.
- A certain form of energy which is not sourced directly or indirectly from the sun and does not cause any pollution is very easily converted into electricity. This form of energy is, however, not available everywhere. Moreover, it is technically very difficult and expensive to obtain it. Name the form of energy.
- Name some of the solar energy devices.
- Name the pigment which can absorb solar energy.
- Name the original source of wind energy.
- Source of Energy
- One of the following is not an exhaustible source of energy. This one is:natural gaspetroleum gascoal gasbiogas
- What is solar energy?
- In photosynthesis process, solar energy is converted into which energy?(a) Carbohydrate energy(b) Growth energy(c) Chemical energy(d) Physical energy
- State whether the following statement is true or false:Tidal energy is one of the forms in which solar energy manifests itself in oceans.
- Solar Energy Project