- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
List the biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste products in your school. What are the best ways to get rid of this garbage?
Wastes found in our schools are given below:
- Paper container
- Chalk boxes
- Pencil scraps
- Faeces and urine
- Loose and torn waste paper of exercise notebooks and diaries
- leaves and twigs
- Fruit peels and flower wastes
- Broken glasswares
- Plastic and geometrical instruments
- Plastic and polythene containers
- Wrappers of toffee, aluminium foil
Disposal of Wastes:
Biodegradable garbage can be put in a pit made in a corner of the school compound. Steps for making Manure:
- Cover the garbage with soil, spray some quantity of water.
- When this pit is full of degradable items cover it with a mixture of dung and clay for a few weeks.
- After a few weeks when odour stops coming out from the pit.
- It indicates that all the degradable material has been converted into compost manure.
The non-biodegradable garbage can be sold to Kabari or can be dumped in a landfill.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started