- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
List some applications of Newton's second law of motion.
Newton's second law states that the acceleration of an object produced by a net force is directly proportional to the force acting on it and inversely proportional to the mass of the object. Therefore, when force increases, acceleration increases, and when mass increases the acceleration decreases.
Applications of the second law
1) In formula one race, the cars are used to be of low mass, because low mass requires less force to accelerate the car.
2) In a supermarket, it is easy to push an empty cart. Because empty cart has low mass and low mass requires less force to accelerate.
- Related Articles
- What is the second law of motion?
- Explain Newton's second law of motion.
- Describe the process of electroplating. List some applications of electroplating.
- State Third Law Of Motion.
- Is oscillatory motion the second name of periodic motion?
- ‘When a hanging carpet is beaten with a stick, the dust particles start coming out of it’. This phenomenon can be best explained by making use of:$(a)$. Newton’s third law of motion$(b)$. Newton’s law of gravitation$(c)$. Newton’s first law of motion$(d)$. Newton’s second law of motion
- State Newton’s first law of motion. Give two examples to illustrate Newton’s first law of motion.
- State two applications of universal law of gravitation.
- Explain the first law of motion.
- Explain the "third law of motion".
- What is the second law of reflection?
- What are some of the applications of LASER?
- Which law of motion gives the measure of force?
- List the industrial applications of RPA
- What is Newton's third law of motion?