Is Chlorine harmful to us in Drinks?

Chlorine is used to disinfect water and kill bacteria present in it. Drinking water with small amounts of chlorine does not cause harmful health effects. It can provide protection against waterborne disease outbreaks.

The chlorine level in water up to 4 milligrams per liter is considered safe for drinking. However, high levels of chlorine may cause harmful effects. In water, the chlorine reacts to form hypochlorous acid and hypochlorites. Drinking more amount of chlorinated water may cause health issues.


Simply Easy Learning

Updated on: 10-Oct-2022


Kickstart Your Career

Get certified by completing the course

Get Started