Is acid dangerous for us?

Strong acids are corrosive in nature and are a strong dehydrating agent. 

When corrosive acids react with the skin, they hydrolyze the fats. Strong acids are harmful to the skin, eyes and respiratory tract. Acids are harmful to the digestive system when swallowed. 


When an acid reacts with the skin, it develops redness, pain, peeling and blistering. 

When inhaled, acid cause swelling, inflammation, chest pain and breathing problems in mucous membranes and air pipe. When the acid comes in contact with the eyes, it may cause watering, pain, open sores and blindness. 

When acid is ingested, it causes pain and inflammation of internal tissue, followed by vomiting and diarrhoea.


Simply Easy Learning