- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In which wire in a A.C. housing circuit is the switch introduced to operate the lights?
In a A.C. housing circuit, the switch is introduced in the live wire to operate the lights.
Switches connect an electrical appliance with the live wire so that we can connect and break the flow of current by switching it on/off as per our requirement.
For example- If we don't need light/fan in the room, then we can turn off the bulb/fan with the help of a switch.
- Related Articles
- Choose the incorrect statement.$(a)$. A switch is the source of electric current in a circuit.$(b)$. A switch helps to complete or break the circuit.$(c)$. A switch helps us to use electricity as per our requirement.$(d)$. When the switch is open there is an air gap between its terminals.
- Explain the importance of switch in an electric circuit.
- C++ Program to Optimize Wire Length in Electrical Circuit
- Why is liquid (the hydraulic fluid) used to operate the brakes in a car?
- Will the compass needle show deflection when the switch in the circuit shown in Fig.14.24 is closed?"
- A 3-pin mains plug is fitted to the cable for a 1 kW electric kettle to be used on a 250 V a.c. supply. Which of the following statements is not correct?(a) The fuse should be fitted in the live wire (b) A 13 A fuse is the most appropriate value to use (c) The neutral wire is coloured black (d) The green wire should be connected to the earth pin.
- In the straight wire A, current is flowing in the vertically downwards direction whereas in wire B the current is flowing in the vertically upward direction. What is the direction of magnetic field:(a) in wire A?(b) in wire B?Name the rule which you have used to get the answer.
- Which one of the following statements is not true?(a) In a house circuit, lamps are used in parallel. (b) Switches, fuses, and circuit breakers should be placed in the neutral wire (c) An electric iron has its earth wire connected to the metal case to prevent the user receiving a shock (d) When connecting a three-core cable to a 13 A three-pin plug, the red wire goes to the live pin.
- Choose the true and false statements from the following:1. It is convenient to represent electric components by symbols. 2. A connecting wire is symbolized by a zig-zag line in the circuit diagram.3. When an electric current flows through a wire, the wire gets heated.4. The key or switch can be placed anywhere in the circuit.5. The amount of heat produced in a wire depends on its material, length and thickness.6. CFLs consume more electricity than ordinary bulbs.7. For different requirements, the wire of different materials, different length and thicknesses are used.8. A fuse is used to save energy in electrical circuits.9. MCBs are the switches which automatically turn off when current in a circuit exceeds the safe limit.10. When an electric current flows through a wire, it behaves like a magnet.
- In the circuit shown in Fig. 14.25$(i)$. Would any of the bulb glow when the switch is in the ‘OFF’ position?$(ii)$. What will be the order in which the bulbs A, B and C will glow when the switch is moved to the ‘ON’ position?"
- When does a wire in an electric circuit generate a magnetic field?
- Zubeda made an electric circuit using a cell holder shown in Fig. 14.4, a switch, and a bulb. When she put the switch in the ‘ON’ position, the bulb did not glow. Help Zubeda in identifying the possible defects in the circuit."
- (a) What is meant by short-circuiting in electric supply?(b) What is the function of earth wire in electrical instruments? (c) What is the usual current rating of the fuse wire in the power supply line which runs (i) Lights and fans? and (ii) Appliances of 2kW or more power?
- Which are the new Null Operators introduced in PowerShell version 7?
- Fill in the following blanks with suitable words:(a) A fuse should always be placed in the ........... wire of a mains circuit. (b) The earth wire should be connected to the ........... of an appliance.