How To Convert Mixed fraction into Improper Fraction

Mixed fractions:

Fractions that have a whole number part and a proper fraction part are called mixed fractions.

For example,

2frac{3}{5}, 2 is the whole number part and 3/5 is the proper fraction part .

To convert a mixed fraction to an improper fraction, follow these steps:

1. Multiply the whole number part by the fraction's denominator.

2. Add the result to the numerator.

3. Then write the result on top of the denominator keeping denominator unchanged.

For example,

2frac{3}{5}to an improper fraction. 

1. 5 x 2 + 3 = 10 + 3 = 13 is the numerator.

2. Denominator remains unchanged.

3. So, 2frac{3}{5} = $\frac{13}{5}$


Simply Easy Learning

Updated on: 10-Oct-2022


Kickstart Your Career

Get certified by completing the course

Get Started