- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How the presence of Carbohydrates can be tested in a sample solution?
Carbohydrates are the necessary nutrients in food that provide energy to perform daily activities. For example, cereals such as wheat, rice, maize, oats, and barley are good sources of carbohydrates.
(i) Carbohydrates can be tested using Fehling's solution. Adding a mixture of Fehling's solution to the sample leads to the formation of a red precipitate that confirms the presence of carbohydrates in the sample.
(ii) To analyze carbohydrates in a given sample, an iodine solution can also be used. When starch is detected, iodine, which is yellow-orange in color, turns blue-black. The color shows the presence of starch and helps in measuring the concentration of starch and carbs in the food we consume.
As carbohydrates provide the required energy to perform daily activities, cereals have a more significant proportion of our daily meals.
Carbohydrates are present in mainly two forms: sugar and starch.
- Related Articles
- A colourless liquid sample was tested with pH paper strip. The colour of the strip changed to reddish pink. The sample could be :
- How is the presence of an acid tested with a strip of red litmus paper?
- How can Tensorflow be used to view a sample of the vectorised data using Python?
- How can a solution be dilute or concentrated?
- How can Tensorflow be used with Estimator to show a sample of the data using boosted trees?
- An impure sample of potash alum can be purified byevaporationcrystallisationcentrifugationfiltration
- How can Tensorflow be used to display sample data from abalone dataset?
- The colour of the pH paper strip turned red when it was dipped into a sample. The sample could be:(1)dilute sodium bicarbonate solution(2)tap water(3) dilute sodium hydroxide solution(4) dilute hydrochloric acid
- Two Solution X and Y are tested the universal indicator. Solution X turns orange whereas solution Y turns red. Which of the solutions is a stronger acid?
- How can Tensorflow be used to iterate through the dataset and display sample data using Python?
- How can Tensorflow be used to display sample data from the cats and dogs input dataset?
- Name the process which can be used to purify an impure sample of copper sulphate.
- How Can You Test the Presence of Starch in A Leaf? What Do You Conclude When White Patches Do Not Turn Blue-Black On Adding Iodine Solution?
- How can Tensorflow be used to explore the dataset and see a sample file from the stackoverflow question dataset using Python?
- How is the Linux kernel tested?