- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How leaves prepare food for the plant?
Leaves prepare food for the plant by the process of photosynthesis.
Photosynthesis is a process by which plants make their own food in the presence of sunlight, carbon dioxide, water, minerals, and chlorophyll present in leaves.
1) Plants take up carbon dioxide from the atmosphere through the tiny pores known as stomata present on the surface of the leaves.
2) Plants absorb the water and minerals from the soil with the help of roots and transport them to the leaves of the plant where the synthesis of food takes place.
3) The green pigment, chlorophyll present in plant leaves, helps the leaves to capture sunlight. Sunlight is the source of energy to carry out photosynthesis.
4) In the presence of sunlight, chlorophyll acts on carbon dioxide, minerals, and water to produce carbohydrates. These carbohydrates are stored in the plant leaves in the form of energy.
5) The process of photosynthesis also releases oxygen into the atmosphere.
- Related Articles
- The leaves of a plant first prepare food A by photosynthesis. Food A then gets converted into food B. What are A and B?
- State the term used for the transport of food from leaves to other parts of plant.
- Explain the process in which plant absorbs carbon dioxide and prepare the food.
- How plants prepare their own food?
- Which plant hormone is responsible for the wilting and falling of leaves ?
- How can Green Algae prepare their own food?
- Does the plant need food?
- How plants make their food with the help of leaves?
- What is so special about the leaves, that they can synthesize food, but other part of the plant cannot?
- How can we determine whether leaves other than green leaves can make food by photosynthesis?
- Green plants prepare their food by the process of ______.
- What would happen, if a goat eats away all the leaves of a small plant?(a) Plant will no more.(b) Remaining leaves and branches will help to sustain the plant.(c) The small plant survived on the food stored in the stem and roots.(d) Soil nutrients will help to survive the plant once again.
- Can a plant make food?
- International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (ITPGRFA)
- Leaves of a healthy potted plant were coated with vaseline. Will this plant remain healthy for long? Give reason for your answer.