- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How does chemical coordination occur in plants?
Control and coordination occur in plants with the help of hormones. It differs from animals because animals have a nervous system while plants don't.
The five types of stimuli and the tropisms produced by each of them are:
1. Light - produces phototropism.
2. Water - produces hydrotropism.
3. Gravity - produces geotropism.
4. Touch - produces thigmotropism.
5. Chemicals - produce chemotropism.
The growth or movement of plant parts in response to water is known as hydrotropism. An example of hydrotropism is the movement of plant roots towards the water. It is a positive hydrotropism because the roots move towards the stimulus (water).
- Related Articles
- How does phototropism occur in plants?
- Chemical Coordination and Integration
- What is the general name of chemical substances which bring about control and coordination in plants ?
- How does efflorescence occur?
- How does phosphorus occur in nature?
- (a) How does chemical coordination take place in human beings?(b) Why is the use of iodised salt advisable?
- How does solar eclipse occur?
- How does the water cycle occur?
- Did variation occur only in sexually reproductive plants?
- How does flooding occur due to deforestation?
- Why does menstruation occur?
- When does a drought occur?
- What are the different types of diseases occur in plants?
- When does an electric short circuit occur?
- (a) In what form does oxygen gas occur in nature?(b) In what form do noble gases occur in nature?