- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do we get food?
Our primary sources of food are plants and secondary animals.
We get most of our food from plants & animals.
Thus there are two kinds of food,
1. Plant-based food,
From plants, we get food from different parts such as roots, leaves, stems, flowers, and fruits. For example- vegetables, fruits, cereals and pulses, oil, sugar, oil, and spices.
For example- milk, meat, and eggs.
But, there are some sources of food that are not collected from any plants or animals, rather they are invented by humans by mixing different types of chemicals and some exist naturally on Earth.
For example - baking soda, baking powder, vinegar, salt, etc.
We also eat some species of fungi which doesn't belong to any plant or animal kingdom.
For example, the most popular fungi that we eat is 'mushroom'.
- Related Articles
- How do we digest Food?
- Why do we take food?
- Why Do We Eat Food?
- How we get energy when we just eat food? It takes time to digest but we get energy just after eating the food.
- How do we test for nutrients in our food?
- Who do fungi get their food?
- How do we get wool from sheep?
- Why do we need to store food?
- When do we we get sun stroke ?
- How Do We Get a Job with Salesforce?
- Why do we use salt in food preservation?
- Why do we need food, we can also survive with water?
- How do we get size of a list in Python?
- Why Do We Need to Eat Food Items from All Three Food Groups Every Day?
- How do plants eat food?