- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Green plants obtain their food from
(b) Saprotrophic process
(c) Heterotrophic process
(d) Symbiotic process
Correct Answer: (a) Photosynthesis
Explanation:Photosynthesis is a process by which plants make their own food in the presence of sunlight, carbon dioxide, water, minerals, and chlorophyll present in leaves.
1) Plants take up carbon dioxide from the atmosphere through the tiny pores known as stomata present on the surface of the leaves.
2) Plants absorb the water and minerals from the soil with the help of roots and transport them to the leaves of the plant where the synthesis of food takes place.
3) The green pigment, chlorophyll present in plant leaves, helps the leaves to capture sunlight. Sunlight is the source of energy to carry out photosynthesis.
4) In the presence of sunlight, chlorophyll acts on carbon dioxide, minerals, and water to produce carbohydrates. These carbohydrates are stored in the plant leaves in the form of energy.
5) The process of photosynthesis also releases oxygen into the atmosphere.
- Related Articles
- Green plants prepare their food by the process of ______.
- How nongreen plants can perform the photosynthesis process?
- Give a brief description of the process of synthesis of food in green plants.
- Name the process by which plants make food.
- (a) What is photosynthesis?(b) Write a chemical equation to show the process of photosynthesis in plants.(c) Explain the mechanism of photosynthesis.\n31506"
- Explain the photosynthesis process in detail.
- Transpiration is a process in which plants(a) receive water from soil(b) absorb water vapour from air(c) prepare food from water(d) release water vapour.
- Which of the following statement is incorrect?(a) all green plants and blue green algae are producers(b) green plants get their food from readymade organic compounds(c) producers prepare their own food from inorganic compounds(d) plants convert solar energy into chemical energy
- How does the process of photosynthesis happen?
- Out of photosynthesis and respiration in plants, which process occurs;(a) all the time?(b) only at daytime?
- One of the following is an exothermic reaction. This is:(a) electrolysis of water(b) conversion of limestone into quicklime(c) process of respiration(d) process of photosynthesis
- The process of digestion of food is humans begins in:(a) stomach (b) food pipe (c) mouth (d) small intestine
- Fill in the blanks:(a) Green plants are called ______ since they synthesize their own food.(b) The food synthesized by plants is stored as ______.(c) In photosynthesis, solar energy is absorbed by the pigment called _______.(d) During photosynthesis, plants take in _______ and release _______ gas.
- The oxygen liberated during photosynthesis by green plants comes from:(a) glucose (b) water (c) carbon dioxide (d) chlorophyll
- Process vs Parent Process vs Child Process