- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Give one example of a physical change in which energy is given out, and one example of physical change in which energy is absorbed?
Physical change is the change of that matter where only the appearance or molecular arrangement of matter changes without changing its composition.
Examples: Boiling and freezing of water, melting of wax, mixing sand and grains, crumpling a paper bag, chopping wood etc.
Properties of physical change are as follows:-:
• Most of the physical changes are reversible. The original form of the matter can be attained.
• It is a temporary change and no new substance is formed.
• During a physical change, no energy is absorbed or released
• Physical change causes a change in physical properties such as shape, size, etc.
One example of:
Physical change in which energy is given out is the burning of a candle.
Physical Change in which energy is absorbed is the melting of ice.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started