- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the process of division.
Process of Division :
The division is a method of distributing a group of things into equal parts. It is one of the four basic operations of arithmetic, which gives a fair result of sharing.
The division is inverse of multiplication.
We use the $÷$ symbol,
$20 ÷ 4 = 5$
6546 divided by 123.
- Divide the dividend's numbers by the divisor’s numbers.
- Divide the dividend’s first number by the divisor’s first number.
- 6 divided by 1 is 6.
- Multiply the divisor (123) by 6 and see if it is less than the first 3 digits of dividend. If not, multiply by 5 and check.
- Place the result underneath the dividend’s 3 digits and subtract.
123) 6546 (53
Bring down the dividend’s next number and divide as you did in the last step until there are no more numbers left.
$Dividend = Quotient \times Divisor + Remainder$
$6546 = 53 \times 123 + 27$
- Related Articles
- Explain the process of the division method.
- Explain the process of square root by division method.
- Explain the process of division by 3 digit number.
- Explain the division property of zero.
- Explain the multiplications and division of integers?
- Explain the procedure of division of algebraic expressions.
- Explain the process of menstruation.
- Explain the division of integers with an example.
- Explain the Closure property of integers under division.
- Explain the multiplication of integers and division of integers?
- Explain the Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM)
- Explain the Time Division Multiplexing (TDM)
- Explain the Synchronous Time Division Multiplexing
- Explain Euclid Division Lemma.
- Explain the process of mergers & acquisition