- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain circumstances leading to acid rain. How does acid rain affect us?
- It increases the corrosion of metals.
- It damages buildings and sculptural materials.
- It removes basic nutrients such as calcium from the soil.
- It causes direct damage to plants and crops.
- It causes skin eruptions in human beings.
Given above is an image of a tombstone destroyed by acid rain.
Acids are corrosive in nature and are a strong dehydrating agent. When corrosive acids react with the skin, they hydrolyze the fats. Strong acids are harmful to the skin, eyes, and respiratory tract.
When an acid reacts with the skin, it develops redness, pain, peeling, and blistering. When the acid comes in contact with the eyes, it may cause watering, pain, open sores, and blindness.]
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started