- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain carbon dioxide cycle.
The carbon cycle is a biogeochemical cycle of conversion of carbon dioxide.
In this cycle carbon gets interchanged in the biosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and geosphere of the Earth.
- The conversion of carbon dioxide begins from the fixation of carbon dioxide in photosynthesis which results in the creation of carbohydrate and glucose.
- The carbon dioxide present in carbohydrate gets discharged through plant roots or leaves during the day.
- Through food chain the carbohydrate present in plant tissues enter in animals.
- When animals are buried into the soil they turn into fossil fuel over millions of years such as coal and oil made up of carbon.
- This carbon enters into the atmosphere when it is burned as a fuel.
- Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas. It can trap heat in the atmosphere.
- The Earth and other greenhouse gases could freeze without Carbon dioxide.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started