- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between the following.
- Rectilinear motion and curvilinear motion
- Rotational motion and circular motion
- Periodic motion and random motion
The difference between Rectilinear Motion and Curvilinear Motion is given below:
|Rectilinear Motion||Curvilinear Motion|
1. When an object moves in a straight line, then it is said to be in a rectilinear motion.
1. When an object moves along a curved path, then it is said to be in a curvilinear motion.
2. Example: A bus moving on a straight road.
2. Example: A bus taking a turn.
The difference between Rotational Motion and Circular Motion is given below:
|Rotational Motion||Circular Motion|
1. It is the motion in which a body rotates on its own axis.
1. It is the motion in which a body just moves in a circle and always has a starting point to which it will eventually return.
2. Example- Moving of earth on its own axis, Spinning top.
2. Example: Motion of the earth around the sun in a circular orbit, the motion of a bike along a curved path.
The difference between Periodic Motion and Random Motion is given below:
|Periodic Motion||Random Motion|
1. It is a motion that repeats itself at regular periods of time.
1. It is a motion that does not repeat itself at regular periods of time.
2. Example- Movement of earth, A pendulum clock.
2. Example: The motion of insects and birds.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started