- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Describe the steps involved in getting clarified water from wastewater.
Given below are the steps are involved in the purification of water:
- All the physical impurities like stones, plastic bags, cans, etc. are removed by passing the water through bar screens.
- The water is then taken to the grit and sand removal tank where impurities are removed by sedimentation.
- Solid impurities and feces etc. are collected from the bottom of the water. These impurities collected are called sludge.
- Clarified water is cleaned of other impurities by the aerator. All disease-causing bacteria are removed by chlorination.
[Extra information: Wastewater: Water from the kitchen used for washing dishes, etc. is known as wastewater.
Sewage: Wastewater released from homes, industries, hospitals and other public buildings is known as sewage. Sewage is the part of wastewater that is contaminated with feces or urine. These are carried off by sewers. There is an intricate system of sewers presents everywhere known as the sewer system.When water undergoes clarification to remove suspended solids and solid particles, it is known as clarified water. The clarification of water is used in the pre-treatment of drinking water, prior to any further purification, and the treatment of wastewater and industrial effluents.]
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started