- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Define adolescence. Write any three changes that occur during adolescence.
The period of life when the body undergoes changes leading to reproductive ability is called adolescence.
In humans, adolescence starts at 11 years and lasts up to 19 years of age. Since this period covers the teens, i.e. 13 to 19 years, adolescence is also known as teenage and adolescents are also called teenagers.
The number of changes takes places in boys and girls during adolescence due to sex hormones.
Changes that occur during adolescence are as follows:
- Increased growth and sudden increase in height
- Growing pubic and underarm hair
- Secretion of oil glands and acne formation
- In boys, growth in facial hair and deepening of voice is noted
- In girls, breast development and initiation of menstruation occur
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started